The San Felipe was built by the King of Spain in 1690 and was Spain’s most majestic fighting ship.
Mantua’s kit features double plank-on-bulkhead construction, using 5mm and 6mm poplar plywood for framing, plus basswood and African walnut for the two layers of planking.
- All frames, keel and internal hull parts are laser cut.
- Beechwood masts and yards range from 2mm to 12mm in diameter.
- Ornamentation consists of 2,783 pieces, including 110 machine turned brass cannon.
- One hundred-eighty-five sculpted solid bronze parts are cast in the lost wax method.
- Etched brass, copper and cast metal make up the balance of the metal fittings.
- Blocks and deadeyes are pre-finished walnut.
- Eight giant sheets of plans and step-by-step instructions allow you to create an accurate replica.
- Length 38″ / Height 34″ / Scale 1:75.