Draketail (SW415) 12″ LENGTH OVERALL RUBBER POWERED WORKBOAT
The introduction of the internal combustion engine to the Chesapeake Bay dramatically changed the lives of watermen and the designs of their workboats forever. Perhaps the most enduring of these early designs and certainly one of the most beautiful is the Hooper Island Draketail.
Their characteristic long and slender lines combine with the round “Draketail” stern to create an exceptionally graceful hull.
The assembly of Draketail is made easy with generously illustrated instructions to guide you from the shaping of her round stern, to the application of the final coat of paint, and first launching.
Details like strip wood cockpit coaming, rub and toe rails, motor box, metal exhaust tube and framed cabin door add realism and character to this most elegant of workboats.
- Individually hand crafted solid wood hull
- High efficiency plastic prop
- Stainless steel prop shaft
- Contest rubber strip motor
- Metal exhaust tube
- Basswood rails & door frame
- Easy to follow illustrated instructions
- Pre-cut & drilled solid wood parts
- Brass, copper & galvanized fasteners
- Nylon prop hanger & bearing
- Brass portholes
- Adjustable rudder
- Wood display stand
Items needed to complete kit: hammer, craft knife, glue, paint, pliers, sandpaper and straight pin.
For a good reference on building model ships, please click here.
Have questions about any of our products? Please don’t hesitate to contact us!