Coaster (SW512) 16″ LENGTH OVERALL TWO MASTED SCHOONER
From the yacht America to the famous fisherman Bluenose, no other rig more universally represents our maritime heritage than the two masted schooner.
A favorite among fishermen, traders and yachtsmen alike, schooners have long enjoyed a reputation for seaworthiness and speed. Now you too can experience the ways of a schooner first hand with Coaster. With a few household tools and clearly illustrated step-by-step instructions and plans, Coaster can be ready to launch in hours not days. And sail? She can! Given enough sea room the well balanced little hooker will sail herself for hours on end.
If you’re not able to chase her with a row boat or canoe tie a light fishing line around her bowsprit and sail her from the beach.
- Individually hand crafted solid wood hull
- Brass, copper & galvanized fasteners
- Brass portholes
- Cotton rigging line
- Pre-cut & slotted wood spars
- Poly sail material
- Wood display stand
- Adjustable rudder
- Easy to follow illustrated instructions and plans
- Pre-cut & drilled solid wood parts
- Solid brass ballast keel
- Britannia metal ship’s wheel
- Laser cut mast fittings, gaff & boom jaws
- Basswood bulwarks, rub rails & cabin details
Items needed to complete kit: hammer, sandpaper, glue, craft knife, needle and paint
For a good reference on building model ships, please click here.
Have questions about any of our products? Please don’t hesitate to contact us!